Cheryl Cole 'suffered a nervous breakdown' during her divorce with ex Ashley cole

Above: Cheryl Cole revealed she felt 'close to tears' during her time on the US X Factor

CHERYL Cole has apparently revealed she was close to a nervous breakdown as she divorced her ex husband Ashley Cole.

The Girls Aloud star admits in her new autobiography, Cheryl: My Story, she was left heartbroken by the split.
The couple split in 2010 after Ashley's alleged affairs were exposed by the press and according to the Daily Star Sunday, left the star feeling 'emotional' and close to a breakdown.

Cheryl wrote: I just wanted to get out of the marriage and out of the house but as the day of the move got close I became more and more emotional.

I hadnt anticipated this. I think I was actually going through a nervous breakdown.

After moving to America for the new US X Factor show, Cheryl was still was reeling from the split with Ashley but made sure she looked fine when in the mediaspotlight.

On the face of it, I was coping but I was still clos! e to tears all the time. It was like my nerves were always close to snapping and I felt permanently on edge," she added.