This is the former boyfriend of Cheryl Cole who she wrote song about the worst relationship of her life

The singer dated Jason Mack for two years before she shot to fame but the romance ended when the abusive junkie failed to kick his habit

Craziest: Cheryl Cole's ex-boyfriend Jason Mack Craziest: Cheryl Cole's ex-boyfriend Jason Mack

JK Press

This is the man believed to be the inspiration behind Cheryl Coles new song Craziest Things.

The singer dated Jason Mack for two years before she shot to fame but the romance ended when the abusive junkie failed to kick his habit.

Cheryl, 28, revealed last week as she promoted her new album A Million Lights: I was in the worst relationship of my life.

It had been thought the song was inspired by cheating ex-husband Ashley. But Cheryl made it clear it was about someone else. Today we can reveal it is actually about her relationship with Jason before she auditioned for Popstars: The Rivals and formed Girls Aloud.

Jason, now 40, was spending 200 a day on cocaine and later turned to heroin and crack.

Cheryl said last week: We swore, we fought, we did everything it says in that song. People think its passionate and fun, but its aggressive and wrong. I was depressed and poorly. I had to end it for my health.

Lyrics on the track, a duet with Will.i.am which they co-wrote, include the line: We say the craziest things like I love you, hate you, dont need you, f*** you.

Cheryl first started dating Jason when he was 27 and she was just 16, but she was unable to help him beat his demons. They had known each other since she was 12 when he ran a furniture firm.

Cheryl Cole On the rebound: Cheryl Cole performs her hit single Call My Name

Empics

Their torrid relationship soured when she realised Jason was on drugs and it ended when she told him to choose between her and the drugs in 2002, just one month before she auditioned for Popstars: The Rivals.

Jason, from Newcastle upon Tyne, has said of the romance: When I first met Cheryl I was doing a lot of cocaine. Id blow 200 on the stuff. But shed sit with me for hours to talk me out of getting drugs. I found it hard to live like that. Cheryl stuck by us when I didnt have a penny. But I started taking heroin because I wasnt getting any further forward.

Cheryl Cole Interview - ID Online Failed romance: Cheryl in a recent interview

A friend of Jasons said last night: They were together a long time ago. He was going through a rough time and obviously he knows it was bad for both of them. He has worked very hard to put his bad times behind him and move on with his life.