Cheryl Cole 'never thinks' about Simon Cowell

Cheryl Cole has insisted that Simon Cowell is not a major part of her thought process anymore.

The 'Call My Name' singer fell out with her former X Factor co-star after he axed her from the US version in favour of Nicole Scherzinger last year.

Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole, National TV Awards 2010

PA Images / Yui Mok/PA Archive

The pair are said to have made up since, but their relationship has once again been scrutinised following revelations in Cowell's biography that he was "mesmerised" by the star and felt manipulated by her.

However, Cole has claimed that she doesn't pay much attention to reports involving Cowell, as she no longer thinks about their past troubles.

Cheryl Cole and Simon Cowell

PA Images / Rob Loud/PictureGroup/EMPICS Entertainment

Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole, X Factor

"In my mind it's years ago, but people keep talking about him," she told BBC Radio 2's Steve Wright. "It doesn't matter where I go, what interview I'm doing, people want to talk about Simon.

"I don't really even think about Simon, doesn't really come into my brain."

Cole recently confirmed that she has been approached to write her own tell-all book, but is "torn" about whether she will go ahead with it.

On how Cowell would feature in such a work, she teased: "I don't know if I've got 300 words to say on Simon. He might get a footnote if he's lucky."

Watch Cheryl Cole in the video for 'Call My Name' below: