Nicole Scherzinger hits out at Cheryl Cole's autobiography claims

It looks like Nicole Scherzinger has blasted Cheryl Cole for lying when she wrote the story of their first meeting in her autobiography.

Nicole has spoken out and said that the meeting has been over exaggerated and hinted that Cheryl hasn't been entirely truthful in Cheryl: My Story.

The extract from Cheryl's book reads, "The first time I met Nicole was when she was performing on The X Factor in London.

"'Oh my God, Cheryl! You're just as pretty in real life! I heard your song on the radio!' she had gushed. It was really embarrassing.

"Then she started singing Promise This to me, and I swear to God the woman sang the whole song, to my face. It was just so awkward, and every time I stood next to her she started singing it again."

Cheryl likened it to performing Baby One More Time up to Britney Spears and wrote, "Can you image how weird that would be?"

However, speaking to Fabulous magazine, Nicole hit back saying, "I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt and hope that she would only have spoken highly of me because I've not spoken poorly of her.

"The story is I met her once at The X Factor and I wanted to make her feel good. I said I'd heard her song on the radio and I think I sang the words 'promise this'.

"But I really don't know any lyrics after that. And then that is made out to be something else and I don't understand why. I don't understand why anybody would do that. It's been blown out of proportion and it's silly."

Nicole admitted that she hasn't read Cheryl's book and isn't! sure what to believe but it's safe to say the singer isn't impressed.

Hmm we really hope Cheryl hasn't just used her book to get back at Nicole for taking her spot on The X Factor USA.

What do you think? Leave a comment below to be in with a chance of winning a 100 goodie bag

NICOLE SCHERZINGER ROCKS THE BRAIDED UPDO

JAMES ARTHUR WINS X FACTOR

FILM YOU NEED TO WATCH: THE HOBBIT