Simon Cowell says his birthday message from Cheryl Cole was hilarious

Simon and Chezza are getting along again.Simon Cowell

Simon and Chezza are getting along again.

Simon Cowell insists he wasn't angry with Cheryl Cole after she sent him a funny 52nd birthday message last October.

Now magazine report the 'Fight For This Love' singer organised a plane to fly over the Miami house that Simon was staying with a banner reading: Simon Cowell is 52 today. Ha ha ha. Love Cheryl - a gesture which Simon says actually "broke the ice."

Simon revealed: We text occasionally. I mean, she is not on the phone every night any more but she broke the ice when she sent me that funny birthday message.

I thought it was hilarious. I loved her for it.

Simon says he is sorry about the way he dumped Cheryl from the US X Factor last year after she'd spent 3 weeks as a judge on the show.

The music mogul claims he had no idea how the public would take to her sacking.

He added: I know when I've crossed the line a little bit.

I thought there was going to be a big reaction. I wasn't prepared for what was coming next.

I had to apologise for the way it was handled.