Simon Cowell Regrets Axing Cheryl Cole: 'I Crossed The Line'

Simon Cowell Regrets Axing Cheryl Cole: 'I Crossed The Line'

Simon Cowell has admitted that he crossed the line when he brutally axed Cheryl Cole from the X Factor USA and was not prepared for the backlash he received.

The 28 year-old was sacked from the US version of the successful talent show after only a few shows, as producers feared she would not go down well with US audiences.

Simon Cowell Regrets Axing Cheryl Cole: 'I Crossed The Line'

They used to be BFFs!

The TV mogul revealed that he had completely misjudged how upset the Girls Aloud star and fans would be by the move and was forced to apologise for his actions.

He told The Daily Mail: I know when I've crossed the line a little bit. I thought there was going to be a big reaction. I wasn't prepared for what was coming next.

"I had to apologise for the way it was handled." He added.

The 52 year-old said that although he had apologised their close friendship has been ruined forever.

"I think it is, he replied when asked if their relationship is better now, I mean she's not on the phone every night anymore. We text occasionally.

To his relief the Fight For This Love singer finally began to forgive her former friend last Autumn when she sent the X Factor judge a special birthday surprise.

Cheryl organised a plane trailing banner over Simons house that read: 'Simon Cowell is 52 today. Ha ha ha. Love Cheryl.'

She broke the ice when she sent me that funny birthday mes! sage," S imon laughed "I thought it was hilarious. I loved her for it."

Although she may have forgiven Simon it seems the star isdetermined not to return to The X Factor and has aligned herself with rival show The Voice. Earlier today it was announced she would perfrom her new single on the BBC show.

Cheryl And Simon: Where Did It All Go Wrong?

Pete Waterman Claims He Influenced Rihanna, Says 'Hit Factory Really Started Dubstep'TEN Facts We Never Knew About New Doctor Who Star JennaLouise Coleman!S Club 7 Tipped To Become Latest Pop Act Reunion