Kimberley Walsh: 'Cheryl Cole told me to do Strictly Come Dancing'

Kimberley Walsh has revealed that Cheryl Cole encouraged her to perform on Strictly Come Dancing.

The Girls Aloud singer said that her bandmates support her decision to be a contestant in this year's competition.

Strictly Come Dancing 2012: Kimberley Walsh
Miss mode: Cheryl Cole at Giuseppe Zanotti Design store on Sloane Street.

WENN / Spiller/WENN.com

"I asked them before I signed up to it, and Cheryl basically told me I had to do it," said Walsh. "She gave me no choice!

"They're really excited about it - they're really happy that I'm doing it. For them it's going to be great because they can just chill out and watch.

"They are really supportive of the decision, so they'll no doubt be coming down to cheer me on."

Walsh was confirmed as a contestant on the upcoming season of Strictly Come Dancing over the weekend.

She will appear alongside Colin Salmon, Dani Harmer, Denise Van Outen, Fern Britton, Jerry Hall, Johnny Ball, Lisa Riley, Louis Smith, Michael Vaughan, Nicky Byrne, Richard Arnold, Sid Owen and Victoria Pendleton.

Walsh will reportedly reunite with her Girls Aloud bandmates at the Royal Variety Performance later this year, where they will celebrate the tenth anniversary of their win on ITV reality show Popstars: The Rivals.

> 'Strictly Come Dancing' 2012 full lineup confirmed - First pictures> 'Strictly Come Dancing' reveals sexy celeb lineup: Your verdict

Strictly 2012 celebrities - Pictures: