'My Heart Is Melting': Cheryl Cole Overwhelmed By Fan Donations To Malaria Comic Relief Campaign

WENNWENN

Cheryl Cole has thanked fans for their donations to a malaria charity after she campaigned against the disease for this year's Comic Relief.

The 'Call My Name' singer, who is currently on tour with Girls Aloud, contracted the tropical disease in 2010 after a trip to Tanzania, leaving her fighting for her life in hospital for two weeks.

'My Heart Is Melting': Cheryl Cole Overwhelmed By Fan Donations To Malaria Comic Relief Campaign'My Heart Is Melting': Cheryl Cole Overwhelmed By Fan Donations To Malaria Comic Relief Campaign

Cheryl Cole battled with malaria almost three years ago (Daniel Deme/WENN)

As part of a Comic Relief campaign, Cheryl voiced the story of an 18-month-old boy named Paul, who passed away from malaria before he was able to be treated. After the video was posted last week, the campaign saw an influx in donations and an overwhelmed Cheryl took to Twitter to encourage her fans to continue with the campaign.

Wow!' What have I just come across.. I can not believe that some of you have been starting a campaign to help fight Malaria and in such a short period of time have raised a considerable amount, Cheryl tweeted on Saturday.

My heart is melting knowing that I have such amazing, considerate and caring people on here. You make me so proud.

After falling ill with malaria, Cheryl was told by doctors that there was a possibility she c! ould die, and despite opening up on the horrific experience in her recent autobiography, the singer admits that she still finds it hard to speak about the disease in public.

I have found, and still find it incredibly hard to talk about publicly as my experience is still very fresh and raw in my mind, Cheryl said in another tweet.

But to feel a response like that from Paul's story is amazing. Thank you. You're all such angels.

Watch Cheryl Cole's malaria Comic Relief video below...

Kristen Stewart 'Terrified Robert Pattinson Split Will Leave Her Very Alone'Jennifer Lawrence 'Considering Moving To London For Adele And Career'?Justin Timberlake's Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Hell