Cheryl Cole: My malaria ordeal is still very fresh and raw - but now my heart is melting

Cheryl Cole has praised her fans for launching a campaign to fight against malaria after she narrated a moving video about a young victim of the disease for Comic Relief.

Singer Cheryl, 29 - who battled the illness in 2010 following a trip to Tanzania - voiced the story of Paul, an 18-month-old boy who passed away before he could be treated.

'Wow!' What have I just come across.. I can not believe that some of you have been starting a campaign to help fight Malaria and in such a short period of time have raised a considerable amount,' Tweets Cheryl.

'My heart is melting knowing that I have such amazing, considerate and caring people on here. You make me so proud.'

Cheryl was hospitalised after contracting malaria and revealed in her autobiography last year that she'd been told there was a possibility she might die.

She admits that discussing her ordeal is still very upsetting.

'I have found, and still find it incredibly hard to talk about publicly as my experience is still very fresh and raw in my mind,' Tweets Cheryl.

'But to feel a response like that from Paul's story is amazing. Thank you. You're all such angels.'

Watch Cheryl Cole's Co! mic Relief video...

SEE PICTURES Cheryl Cole in Celebrity Tattoos

SEE PICTURES Cheryl Cole and new boyfriend Tre Holloway match on date night in London

SEE PICTURES Cheryl Cole's style file

Anna Duff