Will.i.am on dating Cheryl Cole rumours: We laugh about them now

During last nights first live episode of The Voice will.i.am had a little swipe at The X Factor now hes said appearing on the show as a judge was a waste of Cheryl Coles time. Yikes!

The Black Eyed Peas frontman made the confession during a chat with The Sun On Sunday, dismissing Cheryls stint on The X Factor and The X Factor USA as a waste of talent, and that Cheryl is better focusing on her career as a pop star than as TV star.

Cheryl is a great artist and a great performer and I think the world needs that. Music is what got us here. If youre not singing any more or writing songs then youve abandoned your base. Cheryl Cole to me is not Kim Kardashian or Paris Hilton.

Despite her unceremonious sacking from The X Factor USA, Cheryl has said in a recent interview that she doesnt hold a grudge against her old boss.

What I will say is that business is not a nice area. Im not one of those people who holds a grudge about anything. I know exactly what went down.

Romance

The Voice coach also addressed past rumours that he was romantically involved with Cheryl whose career he now manages admitting that the gossip was tough on both of them - has Will said,

I learned a lot about myself. Im glad I went through that, Im glad she went through that, but it was hard.

At first it would bring my emotions down, but now we laugh about them. Its just something you learn together. I appreciate our friendship and I think its strong.