Cheryl Cole: 'I'd be a cougar if I dated Prince Harry'

Cheryl Cole has joked that she would be branded a cougar if she ever dated Prince Harry.

The Girls Aloud singer, who has previously admitted to dreaming about marrying the royal, told GQ that she "loves" Harry, calling him "good looking and a bit of a rebel".

Cheryl Cole in 'Marie Claire'
Prince Harry attends the launch of the Walking With The Wounded Everest 2012 Expedition at BAFTA in London, England -

WENN / Zak Hussein/WENN.com

"Me and his dad are as thick as thieves and I knew Harry before I knew his dad so we've met a few times. I think he's amazing and I think you can relate to him because he's made mistakes," she said.

"He's cool. Although, I think I would be Cougarville in that relationship. I would be in Cougarville."

Speaking of her desire to start a family, she added: "I'd love kids. I'm obsessed with babies. Of course I've thought about baby names. A million times. I like Alfie for a little boy. I know that is what I was put on Earth to do - to be a mother."

The full interview is in the June issue of GQ Magazine, which is out on May 3.

Listen to Cheryl Cole's new single 'Call My Name' below: