Cheryl Cole: I dream I marry Prince Harry

The former X Factor judge, 28, said she knows Harry has a crush on her and admitted she "loves" him too.

The Prince told of his feelings for Cheryl at The Sun's Millie awards in 2009, when he told the ITV show winner Joe McElderry he was "so jealous that you got to spend weeks with Cheryl".

The Girls Aloud star, who set up a charity alongside Prince Charles last year, was asked by a fan if she knew the 27-year-old "fancied" her.

She replied: "I do! I love Prince Harry. Actually, I had a dream last night I married Prince Harry and was a real-life princess.

"It's true. And Charles was my father-in-law instead of my charity partner!"

Her comments in a Q&A session for Marie Claire magazine were not the first time Cheryl has told of her feelings for Harry.

Cheryl Cole

Royal approval ... Cheryl Cole shows off her toned legs in tiny shorts

XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM

Last year she spoke of her liking for "funny, down-to-earth" Charles but said: "Harry's my favourite. He's relateable to one of us, but royal, and with a posh voice."

Cheryl gave Harry something to think about when she was snapped in Los Angeles showing off her toned legs in tiny shorts. Her marriage to love-rat footballer Ashley Cole ended in divorce in 2010.

Harry split from Chelsy Davy in 2010 and has since been linked to a string of beauties.

Prince Harry

Admirer ... Prince Harry

l.holmwood@the-sun.co.uk