Cheryl Cole 'never, ever' knew Simon Cowell fancied her

People News

Apr 27, 2012, 6:12 GMT

Cheryl Cole

Cheryl Cole

Cheryl Cole insists she had no idea Simon Cowell wanted to seduce her.

The 28-year-old singer became good friends with the music mogul whilst working as his fellow judge on the UK 'X Factor', but claims she 'never' got the impression that he wanted more.

She said: 'I never, ever felt that vibe from Simon. Never ever.'

However, it last week emerged he saw Cheryl as a 'toy' who he 'would have liked an affair with'.

He is quoted in his unauthorised biography as saying: 'I felt like a mouse being played with by a beautiful cat.

'She would come in dressed in her tracksuit and her slippers, drop her eyes and play the soulful victim to get around me. She played me. I adored her.'

But despite the revelations, Cheryl says she remains on good terms with Simon, 52.

Speaking to Metro Radio, Cheryl said: 'I have spoken to him since and he's just laughing.

'He called me a toy to my face. If you read it the way people read it, it sounds awful.

'It was only ever used as a term of endearment to us, joking like.

'When we got the first new 'X Factor' set he called and said, 'I've got a new toy'.

'It's like a train set. He's just a big kid.'