Simon Cowell says Cheryl Cole "probably misses me"

Simon is back in contact with Chezza and would like to see her back on the X Factor.Simon Cowell

Simon is back in contact with Chezza and would like to see her back on the X Factor.

Music mogul, Simon Cowell has revealed that he and popstar Cheryl Cole are back on speaking terms, stating that he believes she misses him.

Simon - who gave Cheryl the boot from The X Factor USA last year - also went on to claim that he would like to see the 28-year old back on the X Factor.

Speaking to The Sun he said: "She is a grown-up and she understands that in this business when something happens it happens publicly.

He revealed: "That wasn't a great week for me. When I came back last year I was public enemy No1 and I wouldn't want to go through that again."

The 52-year old also said he last spoke to the Promise This singer in November, praising her for making contact with him on twitter to mock how old he's getting on his birthday.

He admitted: "That was the ice-breaker and we did speak afterwards. She could be a panellist again if she wanted to 100 per cent.

Adding: "I don't know if she would. I think she probably misses me."