Cheryl Cole: 'I've Seen The Dark Side'

Cheryl Cole: 'I've Seen The Dark Side'

Cheryl Cole has been re-living what was probably the worst year of her life, back in 2010 she was dropped from X Factor USA, got divorced from her cheating hubby not to mention nearly dying from malaria!

Speaking to RTE, the singer has revealed her past experiences have taught her a lot:

"To go through a near-death experience is going to empower you and make you stronger. It only can and I've grown up as a woman. I was 19 when I got in the industry and I'm 29 now so I'm a woman now and for that reason alone I'm a hell of a lot stronger."

Addressing the question of whether she thinks her music is 'darker' because of her hard times, Cheryl reckons that her girl power side will always shine through:

"I think there's many sides to me but dark? I don't think so,"

"I've been through dark times, don't get me wrong. I've seen the dark side but I like to think that my music is light and refreshing and empowering. I hope it's not dark."

Well we've been dancing to 'Call My Name' for weeks and we're definitely feeling the Cheryl spirit!

PHOTOS: Cheryl Cole Celebrates 29th Birthday With Intimate Las Vegas Meal

Overcrowding Leads To Chaos As Bloc Weekend Is Forced To CloseKate Middleton's Secret Opera Dates With Prince CharlesSue Barker's 'Go Compare' Ad Causes Complaints