Cheryl Cole accused of being 'cheap'

Customers have been returning shoes from Cheryl Cole's new range, complaining they are faulty.

Several shoppers are unhappy with the quality of their Your Royal Hotness platform stilettos - which retail from website Stylistpick at GBP79.90 - because of poor-quality stitching on the strap and heel.

One customer, 31-year-old Sheena Smith, said: 'I love Cheryl Cole's style and thought the shoes looked fantastic on the website.

'When I got them, there was immediately a problem with the heel. The packaging was fantastic but the quality of the shoes was awful.

'I was really disappointed I couldn't wear them to my work Christmas party.'

The website have now sent an email to customers advising the shoe - which comes in two shades - may be faulty and have offered a replacement or refund if the stitching comes apart.

The email says: 'We advise there is a slight possibility your shoes may have a minor fault.'

Cheryl had said the Your Royal Hotness design was her 'signature shoe'.

She said: 'It had to represent me. It's girly but glam, all at the same time.'

The 'Parachute' hitmaker's eight design collection only went on sale two weeks ago.