MC Harvey on Cheryl Cole storm: 'I never lied'

MC Harvey has said that he is "devastated" by the way his comments about Cheryl Cole were reported.

The former So Solid Crew star was quoted by Now as saying that he and Cole had a "relationship", though Cole laughed off the claims.

MC Harvey The Other Guys - UK film premiere held at the Vue Leicester Square - Arrivals London
Cheryl Cole

MC Harvey and Now initially appeared to stand by the story, and emails between the pair were "verified" by a lawyer working for the magazine.

He later admitted that he had "never been with her" but added that he "never claimed to have had a relationship with her".

MC Harvey has now told Heat: "I never said that [we had a secret relationship]. I am mortified. It's made me paranoid and it's got to the point where it's become exhausting."

He added that the p! air have never been in a room together alone, nor kissed or had sex, adding that he was "devastated" people thought he had a secret romance with Cole.

"I was so looking forward to seeing the interview, 'cos it had been such a big in-depth chat about my life and my career," MC Harvey said.

"Then I walked in and saw a massive picture of Cheryl Cole and the headline ['My secret romance with Cheryl']. My heart went into my mouth."

Cheryl Cole arriving at the Ivy Club London

> MC Harvey: 'I've never been with Cheryl Cole' - video
> Cheryl Cole launches legal action against 'Now' over MC Harvey story

Despite admitting that Cole's statement that they had just met twice in person was "bang-on correct", the rapper said: "I was disappointed in her. She tweeted to 1.5 million people.

"I was thinking, 'Why are you doing this?' Cheryl doesn't tweet regularly. I was so disappointed. I was like, 'Why are you going to turn this into a public war? Why did you have to do that?"

MC Harvey explained that he and Cole had a "communication relationship" for five months over email which eventually "fizzled out".

He rejected claims that the whole incident was a publicity stunt, adding: "All of her fans definitely won't buy my single after this... I've got all of them hating me for something that I didn't do."

MC Harvey added that he would not sell the content of the emails between him and Cole, adding: "I'm sorry. I'm not going to sit here and say I'm sorry for everything, because I never lied. I'm not a liar.

"She knows that and she valued me. I am protective over her pers! onal lif e and I would never disclose any of that - if I did, I'd be a b**tard."