MC Harvey, Cheryl Cole emails 'verified by media lawyer'

MC Harvey has said that he has "cleared" his name after producing emails which allegedly proved he was romantically involved with Cheryl Cole.

The So Solid Crew star claimed that he had dated the former X Factor judge following her split from husband Ashley Cole. However, this was strongly denied by Cole herself, who took to Twitter to dismiss Harvey's comments.

MC Harvey The Other Guys - UK film premiere held at the Vue Leicester Square - Arrivals London
Cheryl Cole

In a statement, Tim Parish - a media lawyer and legal advisor to Now magazine - said: "I was asked to verify the authenticity of the emails between Cheryl Cole and Michael Harvey as a proof of a relationship between the couple.

"The emails I was shown dated back to 2010 and were correspondence to and from Cheryl Cole and Michael Harvey and also between Michael Harvey and Cheryl's mother Joan Callaghan."

He continued: "The emails give details of her feelings about The X Factor, pictures she sent to Michael Harvey as well as personal conversations between the pair. I concluded that the messages were real, had not been doctored in any way and confirm he was in a romantic relationship with the sender."

Commenting on Twitter, Harvey told followers: "I said I had emails, I've shown the emails. I've cleared my name. That's all I wanted to do.#proof! (sic)"< /p>

Cheryl Cole Cheryl Cole shoe collection, stylistpick.com

Appearing to react to the latest development, Cole herself tweeted: "I don't know when I became so nave but even after 10 yrs in this industry i am still shocked that people will tell soul destroying lies to benefit themselves #sadbuttrue"

Now magazine defended their story, adding that they "completely and wholeheartedly stand by our exclusive and refute any accusation that it contains untruths".

> Cheryl Cole takes legal action over MC Harvey romance claim?