Amy Childs: 'Cheryl Cole is my style icon'

Amy Childs has called Cheryl Cole her "style icon".

The former Only Way Is Essex star told Closer that she is also a fan of model Abbey Clancy.

Has Amy packed her 'Vajazzle' kit?

PA Images / Ian West/PA Wire/Press Association Images

Cheryl Cole

Of her recent trip to the Pride of Britain Awards, Childs said: "I actually went to the event and rubbed shoulders with the A-list.

"Abbey Clancy came up to me and said, 'I love you so much - I want to look like you!' I couldn't believe it. I just replied, 'Thanks honey! I feel the same about you!'"

She added: "Cheryl Cole brushed past me and I had to pinch myself. She's a lovely girl and my style icon."

Previously, Childs claimed that Cole had copied her hair colour after seeing her brown locks on The Only Way Is Essex.

Last year, Cole was named Britain's favourite fashion-forward icon of the last decade, beating Lady GaGa into second place. She was named the 'Sexiest Woman in the World' a year earlier in a separate poll.

> Amy Childs reveals Victoria Beckham fashion range inspiration

Watch Amy Childs's best bits from ITV2's The Only Way Is Essex below: