Will.i.am: Cheryl Cole is a great artist, being on TV is a waste of her talent

Will.i.am is pleased Chezza is focusing on her music career

Chezzas new shoe collection for Stylistpick is out now

Cheryl Cole will release her 3rd album in June

Cheryl Cole's manager Will.i.am thinks she's back to her best now that she has no connection to The X Factor.

Will, 37, says he's glad that Cheryl, 28, is concentrating on promoting new album A Million Lights, which is set for release in June.

'She's dope. Cheryl Cole to me is not Kim Kardashian or Paris Hilton. She can't just be some TV star,' says Will.

'Cheryl is a great artist, a great performer and the world needs her perspective on music.

'To see that put away for TV only, that's not cool. It's a waste of her talent.'

The Voice coach Will admits that Cheryl's public sacking from US X Factor last year was tough on both of them.

But he says that helping the singer through the experience has brought them closer together.

'It was hard. At first it brought my emotions down but now we can giggle and laugh about it,' says Will.

'I'm glad I went through that. I'm glad Cheryl went through that.

'I appreciate our friendship and our business collaboration - I won't say relationship. And I think it's stronger after all those shenanigans.'

SEE PICTURES Cheryl Cole rocks Bangor>>

SEE PICTURES Cheryl and Ashley Cole: The story so far>>

FASHION GALLERY SPECIAL Cheryl Cole's fashion history - the highs and the lows>>

CELEBRITY HAIR Cheryl Cole: From corn rows tocurls>>

Anna Duff