Cheryl Cole - Cops Probe Cheryl Cole 'phone Hacking'

Cops in Britain are investigating claims pop star Cheryl Cole and her entourage were targeted by a phone hacker working for the News of the World.

The Girls Aloud singer insists voicemail messages left on cell phones owned by her management team were listened to, possibly while she was suffering from malaria in 2010.

And she's confirmed officers at London's New Scotland Yard are investigating as part of an ongoing probe into allegations of widespread hacking at Rupert Murdoch's now-defunct British tabloid.

Asked by a journalist at British magazine GQ if she was a victim of the hacking scandal, Cole says, "Yes. Kind of. My management, everyone around us had been (hacked). I've not been directly informed that my phone has been hacked - I change my number too regularly perhaps - but my management are dealing with this at Scotland Yard at the moment. It's crazy, but I can't really talk about it."

The News of the World was closed by Murdoch last year (11) in the fallout from the hacking scandal.