Cheryl Cole: I was advised to seek therapy

The singer needed help during her time on The X Factor

Chezzas new shoe collection for Stylistpick is out now

Cheryl Cole's new single Call My Name is released on 10 June

Cheryl Cole has admitted that she was once advised to visit a therapist.

The 28-year-old singer was encouraged to get help as she struggled with the press attention she received during her divorce from Ashley Cole in September 2010.

'I found myself at one point just looking at my team, thinking: "Please somebody, help me,"' says Cheryl.

'Although I didn't do it, it was suggested that I seek therapy.'

Cheryl's split fromAshley, 31, came at the peak of her fame as a judge on The X Factor.

She blames the paparazzi for exploiting the public interest in her personal life.

'I was paranoid the whole time. There was no escape, I was stuck in that glare, in that bubble,' Cheryl tells GQ.

'It's not healthy for anybody. I had no life. I was kept under surveillance. It was aggressive. It was dangerous and it was inhumane.

'They [the paparazzi] are sick people.'

FASHION GALLERY SPECIAL Cheryl Cole's fashion history - the highs and the lows>>

SEE PICTURES Cheryl Cole wears nude dress to meet Prince Charles>>

SEE PICTURES Cheryl and Ashley Cole: The story so far>>

MORE PHOTOS Cheryl Cole looking red hot at the Elle Style Awards 2011>>

SEE PICTURES The life of Ashley Cole's ex Cheryl Cole>>

Anna Duff