Lana Del Rey Version Of Cheryl Cole Song Leaked

15:46, Thursday, 9 August 2012

A cover version by Lana Del Rey of Cheryl Cole's Ghetto Baby has been leaked on the internet.

The original demo of the track, which was written by Del Rey for Chezza's new album A Million Lights, has been posted on YouTube.

The Girls Aloud star told the story behind the track in a previous interview with Capital FM.

She said: "I noticed Lana about a year ago. I was hearing these songs that were really fresh to my ear and amazing and I asked the guy who she was and he said, 'Watch out for her, it's a girl called Lana Del Rey'.

"And then a bit later on I got this song sent and he said, 'Just listen to this song, not sure how you'll feel about it'. I listened to it and I'm like, I can't believe this guy said he's not sure how I'm going to feel about it because I love it.

"I called him and I said, I love this song by the way and I said who is it? He said, 'Remember that girl Lana Del Rey, it's her'."

Check out both versions of the track below...

Watch MTV News on the hour every hour on MTV - Sky Channel 126 and Virgin Channel 311