Cheryl Cole reveals behind-the-scenes look at 'Under the Sun' video

Cheryl Cole has released a behind-the-scenes look at her latest music video.

The singer will release 'Under the Sun' as the second single to be lifted from her latest album A Million Lights.

Behind the scenes of Cheryl Cole's new music video for the single 'Under The Sun'

The accompanying music video sees the Girls Aloud star travel back to the 1950s, and was directed by Anthony Mandler.

The director - who also worked on Cole's 'Call My Name' video - explained that he envisioned the star playing a Sophia Loren-like character for the visual.

"To be honest, when I recorded this song, this is not the vision I would have had," Cole explained. "But I loved working with Anthony on the last video and when I read his treatment I got exactly where he was coming from.

"This is the point where you have to trust in amazing people who are incredible at what they do and say, 'I believe in your treatment', which is what I have done."

Cheryl's new single 'Under the Sun' will be officially released in the UK on September 10.

Watch a behind-the-scenes look at the 'Under the Sun' music video below: