Kimberley Walsh: Cheryl Cole and I are the mothers of Girls Aloud

Kimberley Walsh has opened up about what it was like to reunite with her Girls Aloud band mates at the end of last year.

Kimberley opened up about the Girls Aloud reunion. Copyright [Cosmopolitan]

Talking to Cosmopolitan magazine this month, Kimberley revealed that not a lot had changed when the girls got back together.

She said: Its really nice. Weve already fallen back into t! he same patterns; its weird. Well, Sarahs not really a party animal anymore so thats changed, but I still fulfill the same role.

Like, on our first performance everyone was getting really nervous and I was thinking, Right, OK, lets try to calm this situation down. Cheryls quite motherly too, while Nicola and Nadine are the young ones.

Were still protective of them even though theyre women now!

Cheryl Cole, Nicola Roberts, Kimberley WalshKim and Cheryl feel protective over younger band mate Nicola. Copyright [Twitter/Nicola Roberts]

During the Girls Aloud reunion, Kimberley Walsh was also taking part in last years series of Strictly Come Dancing, making it! all the ! way to the final and only just missing out on the title to Louis Smith.

With such a busy work schedule during this time, Kimberley admitted that she has always loved a challenge.

She said: I love a challenge. If theres something where Im like, I dont know if I can do that, Ill do it just to prove I can. What can I say? Im a glutton for punishment. Im a bit psycho like that.

With the strenuous rehearsal regimes that come with doing Strictly, Kimberley is now the proud owner of one seriously hot body.

Despite this, the singer finds it odd being described as sexy.

Kim looked hot to foxtrot throughout Strictly last year. Copyright [BBC]

She admitted: I find it hard to talk about myself being sexy, but I guess my shape is more womanly than the model look, and thats sexier. I go with it; thats how I am!

But its not like putting on a dress suddenly makes you feel sexy. You need to feel good about yourself first. And I do physically Im really fit, and Im really happy.

And one part of Kimberley's body gained masses of attention during Strictly, her bum.

Kimberley Walsh joked: Its got a life of its own! Something about my bum was trending on Twitter recently and I was like, Oh, my god, you lot are crazy! Nicola loves to give my bum a squeeze too. Shes very toned and a completely different shape so shes like, Its a sponge!

We think thats a compliment from Nicola but were not too sure.

The full interview appears in the February 2013 issue ofCosmopolitan, on sale 3rd January.

For behind-the-scenes footage of Kimberleys cover shoot, please visit www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/kimberley