Cheryl Cole 'shocked' by Nicola's solo debut

Cheryl Cole was "surprised" by Nicola Roberts' solo album.

image: Cheryl ColeCheryl Cole

The Girls Aloud star recently released her debut record 'Cinderella's Eyes' and bandmate Cheryl wasn't expecting to be so emotionally affected by the music.

Nicola said: "The other girls love it. I think they've been a little bit surprised by the music. Cheryl told me, 'I laughed, I cried, I was shocked, I was this, I was that, I was every emotion listening to the album.' That's what I wanted, for people to be able to relate to it."

Nicola admitted she was surprised by the public reaction as she didn't know what to expect.

She said: "It's been amazing, just unbelievable, especially after working so long on something so personal.

"I didn't build myself up for anything. I've always loved to write and I really wanted to get into the studio to learn and just get better at it. I suppose I wanted to become a little bit more legit in what I said I did for a living."!