Cheryl Cole - Cheryl Cole Shuddered At Guns In Afghanistan

Cheryl Cole has revealed the training exercises she undertook when she visited British troops in Afghanistan were terrifying.

Cheryl Cole felt she was being shot at for real in Afghanistan.

The 28-year-old singer recently flew to Camp Bastion in the country's Helmand Province on a morale boosting visit for British troops and took part in training exercises, which she admits was a very scary experience.

She told the UK edition of OK! magazine: "It was an amazing trip. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I did an experimental gun fire. It didn't feel experimental, let me tell you.

"They just said, 'Go!' And then all of a sudden I was being shot at. It was pretend, but it didn't feel pretend."

Cheryl recently admitted she had to undergo "scary" military training before her visit - on which she swapped numbers with a hunky soldier.

She said: "Before I went out I was given war training which was pretty full-on and quite scary.

"They warn you about coping with all kinds of scary scenarios - things like having a gun put to your head. I was warned before I went out there that it could be dangerous. But nothing could stop me from going. And I'm just so glad I did."